Pages

11/09/2014

My life-buoys

In the last post I brought out the sad side of my life and now I'm going to disclose it a bit more. ...Like Clockwork works well in the darkest hour, but when I'm looking for comforting music there's an immense amount of songs to listen to. I made a playlist of some of them:


1. The Smiths - Rubber Ring


2. The Doors - People Are Strange

Faces look ugly when you're alone


This comforts when I feel like an outsider.

3. The Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored

I gotta be adored

This is expressing the most basic need very well.

4. Morrissey - Disappointed

'Cause I have spent my whole life
In ruins
Because of people who are "nice"

When I'm feeling bad about others' actions.

5. Orange Juice - Rip It Up

I hope to God you're not as dumb as you make out

(A person speaking to him/herself) Even though I make stupid mistakes I can try again.

6. Morrissey - Do Your Best And Don't Worry

This is you on a bad day, you in a pale day

Comparing yourself to others does no good.


7. The Smiths - You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby

You must suffer and cry for a longer time

Maybe some day I have suffered and cried enough?

8. Orange Juice - Falling And Laughing

'Cause I want to take the pleasure with the pain

This is such a pleasurefully bittersweet song.

9. The Smiths - Ask

If there's something you'd like to try
Ask me - I won't say "no" - how could I?

This is an encouraging song.

10. Talk Talk - It's My Life

How much do you
Commit yourself?

If I'm giving it my best, would be nice if others did so too.

11. The Smiths - Accept Yourself

Every day you must say
Oh, how do I feel about the past?
--
Anything is hard to find
When you will not open your eyes

It's good to question depressive thoughts that go over and over in my head and make my life so difficult. Sadly it's not easy to stop them, but when I'm not in the worst place this helps. I'd love to accept myself, and some days I even succeed.

12. The Stone Roses - I Am The Resurrection

You're a no one nowhere washed up baby
Who'd look better dead

Even if this song was written for anti-religious reasons, it's angry and even aggressive lyrics satisfy me properly when I'm blown up and very frustrated because of someone. It lets my steam off.

13. Morrissey - You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side

And here I am

I just love the thought that Morrissey is my ally in life. And all the other lovely people I have around me.

14. The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize??

You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last

This is a truly soothing song. It works with every kind of sorrow, because it puts things into perspective.

-------------------------------------------------------

In my case life without music wouldn't be worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment